Friday, January 11, 2008

Whew...the Holidays are Over!

Well, the Holidays certainly went by quickly this year. I can't really complain since I wasn't in the mood to celebrate them much this year. I guess I had the single man's Grinch attitude this year.

I didn't do much for Christmas this year. I went home to my parents' home in Indiana and stayed there through the New Year. I wanted to come home before New Year's, but I ended up catching a nasty flu, so I stayed a little longer than I had intended. My brother, sister-in-law, and their two kids came home as well, so it was mayhem for a few days. Oh well, the craziness it a part of what makes the Holidays fun. I was also able to hang out with my two best friends from high school and their two kids.

Since returning to Madison, I've done nothing much except work on my thesis (pouring through research). I've also been playing with my Christmas gift to myself: A Canon Rebel XTi digital SLR camera. I got some nice lenses, including a macro lens to get some close up shots. I've never used a SLR camera before, so everything is new to me. Here are a couple of good shots I came up with.

Singe, the psycho kitty looking all cute and demure:



And here's a macro shot of the water outlet siphon on my squamosa clam:



I still got a lot of improvement to make, but it's a start.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Bout damn time you updated! GEEEZ! Welcome to the SLR club! I have the XT - totally love it! Glad you had a nice holiday - sorry to hear you got sick! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Love ya!

Gawain said...

LOL, I know Tanya, I'm so damn lazy when it comes to updating this blog. You know me, I'm rarely at a loss for words, but when I sit down to start blogging, I don't know what to write about.

I'm glad to hear you like your camera. I did a lot of research, and it seems everyone is always pleased with their Rebels.